Twitist Forums
I cancelled an order on ebay, will I get my money back? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: I cancelled an order on ebay, will I get my money back? (/thread-133110.html)

I cancelled an order on ebay, will I get my money back? - ? - 04-08-2014 07:52 PM

I bought an expensive fascinator thing on ebay but regretted it straight away (I'm an idiot), I clicked on 'cancel order' on ebay and told the seller the truth. They were really nice and emailed me back saying they will cancel the transaction they then said 'You´ll get a messsage from Ebay, please confirm.
If you not confirm, i have to pay provision to Ebay.' I haven't got a message from ebay yet, but hopefully will soon.. I've never cancelled an order before so I don't know how things work. I also checked my paypal and it says I have payed the seller but nothing about it being cancelled. I don't know what to do now, do I just wait for a message from ebay and for the seller to cancel? Will I also get my money back, because then there was no point in me cancelling it >__<

Sorry for the noobish question

- Stephen - 04-08-2014 07:56 PM

Under "distance selling" regulations you can return anything for a refund within 7 days of receipt. So if cancelling an order you are entitled to a refund.

- Mr Oscar - 04-08-2014 08:06 PM

Yes Under 7 Days return policy