Twitist Forums
Do you believe in the notion that marketing and advertising is evil? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Do you believe in the notion that marketing and advertising is evil? (/thread-133199.html)

Do you believe in the notion that marketing and advertising is evil? - Prius Tanlimco - 04-08-2014 07:54 PM

In my country, advertising laws are rather conservative and open for deception.

By conservative, I mean that ads can't attack a competitor's product.

By open for deception, I mean that advertisers can't create inaccuracies and even fraud to the product they are promoting.

I'm majoring in Advertising Management by the way. I plan to be a responsible yet creative advertiser. The problem is that I'm still naive and clueless on the world which advertising practitioners live in.

Oh yeah, I also heard most advertisers tend to suck-up w/ each other and "trick" clients to succeed.

- Go with the flow - 04-08-2014 08:00 PM

Yes, things that are good for a person are never advertised.
Just things that are overpriced, useless, or harmful.

- Quimey - 04-08-2014 08:01 PM

Ola guacho no le aga kazo bo a lo ke dizem loz jilles ezoc porr ke ze la rre mamdam d kolorrez.

- teran_realtor - 04-08-2014 08:09 PM

Advertising is a part of sales. It is a tool, a technique.

A CON artist uses certain techniques to get the client to sign something that benefits the CON artist.

A saleperson uses the same techniques to get the client to sign something that benefits the client.

A gun is a gun. However, it can be in the hands of a criminal, or a law abiding citizen, and that makes all the difference in the world.