Twitist Forums
If i buy an unlocked android will i still get the android market? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Instagram (/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: Instagram and android (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: If i buy an unlocked android will i still get the android market? (/thread-133251.html)

If i buy an unlocked android will i still get the android market? - Victoria - 04-08-2014 07:55 PM

I have a samsung tmobile sidekick 4g and its not working well at all and i need to find an affordable replacement. On ebay that have lots of unlocked phones but will i still get all the benefits from an unlocked android. i really want to maintain the apps already have like instagram and tumblr .

- Luzon T - 04-08-2014 08:04 PM

Yes. The unlock process typically voids the warranty but does not restrict the ability of the phone to access google market.

As a side note, you can ask any store for an unlock code for a specific phone and they will put you in touch with the manufacturer for an 'officiated unlock code'. Although, typically they require at least 6 months of prior ownership before engaging an unlock.

*Edit: crap, I'm thinking of jail-breaking/rooting a device not unlocking it. In short, I don't know.

- Miguel - 04-08-2014 08:12 PM

Every android phone has the android market,unlocked or not.