Twitist Forums
Does anyone have any website ideas? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Does anyone have any website ideas? (/thread-133467.html)

Does anyone have any website ideas? - Ayah - 04-08-2014 07:59 PM

I'm working on making my own website, but I don't know what the website should be about. Don't know if it should be a games website, a shopping website, etc. Got any ideas?

- Jake - 04-08-2014 08:01 PM

Yea, one of those...

If you that indifferent, the chances of you being motivated enough to create a success is not great. There are a lot of half baked sites that get 3 visitors a day.

If your first venture you might just do a blog on a subject you have a passion for, eventually if it catches on you can earn some advertising or affiliate link revenue, without doing any programming. Writing about a subject people spend money helps get the prime paying ads. Writing quality original articles a couple of times a week can earn search ranking.

Most commonly bloggers use a free service like Blogger.com, more serious people will use the Wordpress platform on a basic paid hosting account costing about $8/mo which provides more control of your fate than the free Wordpress.com site. You can get a custom domain somewhere to use with a Blogger site for about $12 a year, pretty uniquely Blogger has no paid upgrades.

- Cooper - 04-08-2014 08:10 PM

I would go with a games website as games are very popular right now. You can get advertising for the site and make money on it.