Twitist Forums
Is having all shirtless pictures on your Facebook douchy? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is having all shirtless pictures on your Facebook douchy? (/thread-133519.html)

Is having all shirtless pictures on your Facebook douchy? - ABC - 04-08-2014 07:59 PM

I'm a college senior in my early 20s. Almost all of my pics on Facebook are of me shirtless. It's not intentional. By my own estimate, I spend over 70% of my time shirtless anyway because I live in San Diego. I sleep shirtless. I party shirtless. I walk around in the frat house shirtless. I work out shirtless. The only time I wear a shirt is when I go to class, so naturally when my friends take pics of me, I'm usually shirtless. I work out regularly but I wouldn't say I'm completely ripped or anything. I'm just used to being shirtless. My question is, does it send the wrong message to girls?

- ABC - 04-08-2014 08:00 PM

Oh gosh, please don't. I absolutely hate it. I unfriend anyone on Facebook who does that. It does look very douchy, but it doesn't mean that other people don't like it.

- abraXus - 04-08-2014 08:04 PM

yes, it makes you look completely desperate for attention

- elkster - 04-08-2014 08:08 PM

If that's the way you spend most of your time and you are comfortable that way, then it shouldn't be a problem. It's honestly up to you. Yahoo! can't answer this, only you can. Do you feel ok being photographed shirtless?

- Lara - 04-08-2014 08:11 PM

No dear, actually it is your style.
Everyone do anything on Facebook as they want.
So you don't think like this.
Just do as you like. Keep enjoy . . .

- georgetslc - 04-08-2014 08:15 PM

If you were posing and preening, it would certainly send a bad message. And you definitely want to be shirted in your banner photo.

But if the candids are just candid, they send the message, "I'm shirtless a lot." If a girl can't deal w/ that, she won't be interested in you, and you've saved both of you some grief.

BtW, you might like joining the Yahoo discussion groups Shirtless Lifestyle at https://www.facebook.com/groups/643429742384041/

- Duke - 04-08-2014 08:19 PM

No, that is just the way you are. I recommending carrying around a t shirt just in case there some things that come up.