Twitist Forums
is there anyone you know who don't use facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: is there anyone you know who don't use facebook? (/thread-134075.html)

is there anyone you know who don't use facebook? - John Parks - 04-08-2014 08:10 PM

Im 18 and I never joined the site but know how its like due to my mothers account meaning when applying for a job someday I wonder what they say if you never had a facebook wanting to check your background?? my grandparents and uncles don't have it and I find it ridiculous that one of my cousins would create a facebook account for a seven month old not knowing if he will be interested in the site when he grows older.. therefore I wonder if many of you already know that not everyone has a facebook from attempts to try to find everyone you know... many of my buddies and relative already know I don't mess with marks old college project..

- Atlie - 04-08-2014 08:10 PM

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are asking but I myself have been facebook retired for over 4 years and it is awesome. Facebook is a big waste of time. Not having facebook is a great way increase your chances of getting a job because the fact that you have no negative information in your background is good. A lot of people have facebook but also many others don't. It is not something you need in life, but more of a time spender and for some, a great way to communicate with friends in other countries.

- Matteo - 04-08-2014 08:20 PM

I don't use it, everyone else does.

- James - 04-08-2014 08:25 PM

I use it sparingly, but my wife, her sister, brother-in-law, and my sister don't use it. I respect those who don't. I get sick of everyone posting every moment of their damn lives on there like they are so important.

- Kelly - 04-08-2014 08:33 PM

John, I know several people that don't use Facebook, but the site does come in handy at times. I'm currently in college and I use it to join groups and connect with fellow colleagues. I recommend Facebook merely for the versatility of staying connected. If you don't like that idea, then you are undoubtedly allowed to not have an account. I use it as a resource to make my life more convenient, but that's it. I don't let my personal life interfere with the site in case a job does do a background check. If you decide to get a Facebook I suggest to have the same mindset. If your Facebook looks professional, then people that look at it will think you are professional.