Twitist Forums
Can you get emails from Match.com if you're not a member of their website? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Can you get emails from Match.com if you're not a member of their website? (/thread-134838.html)

Can you get emails from Match.com if you're not a member of their website? - nyc2700 - 04-08-2014 08:24 PM

My boyfriend got has an email from Match.com and at the bottom it says "thank you for subscribing." I am really angry right now but before I say anything I want to make sure and see if there is any other possibility for that being there.

- Godwyn Walker - 04-08-2014 08:28 PM

"/ why are you going through his emails , is the trust between you that bad ? Just ask him but I'm gonna say no, you can't just get a email like that unless someone done it themselves

- hastingsgames - 04-08-2014 08:34 PM

I've gotten emails from them and other less-reputable dating sites before I added them all to my spam filter. Email marketing is a very aggressive business. Some of them pretend you are already a member and that they need you to do something trying to trick you to their site. Another possibility is having signed up for a site in the past and losing the login information you would need to un-signup. To say nothing of trust issues, yes there are many other possibilities.