Twitist Forums
Can I wait 2 weeks to pay for an ebay item? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Can I wait 2 weeks to pay for an ebay item? (/thread-134889.html)

Can I wait 2 weeks to pay for an ebay item? - HSUR2112 - 04-08-2014 08:25 PM

I just bought two items from a seller on ebay for 'buy it now' and was wondering if I can wait 2 weeks to finish the purchase?

I usually buy my items from ebay on a Friday (commit to buy), and pay for them the following Friday, and yes I know there are no problems there because buyers have 7 days to finish payment but I was wondering if it will cause anything more then a message from the seller if I wait 2 weeks to pay. Will they get pi$$ed and cancel the transaction? or is it down to them and how they take it? Are they even able to leave the purchase open for that long?

- bravepear535 - 04-08-2014 08:33 PM

you should email the seller and ask them about it. if u dont pay within a week and dont tell them they might report u... so i would ask them

- Roddy - 04-08-2014 08:40 PM

With no communication a seller can decide to open an unpaid item dispute against you in only a couple of days. Some like us have our setting to do it automatically. I strongly suggest you contact them as quickly as possible.

My employees have instructions that if a buyer asks for extra time it's granted. If they hear nothing they let the system take over.

- GinoParisian - 04-08-2014 08:45 PM

Absolutely not! Buyers do not have 7 days to finish the purchase. The seller can open an unpaid item case against you in TWO -- count 'em -- TWO DAYS and close it in four more for a total of six days. In fact, eBay will do this automatically so the seller doesn't have to waste one second of time with losers like you.

Why the H do you think sellers are on eBay?

The great news is that after this stunt, you'll have 2 unpaid item strikes against you. Every seller on eBay will be able to block you for a full year. So no one will have to put up with any more of your idiotic BS for quite awhile.