Twitist Forums
are the instagram warnings real or fake and just trying to scare people? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: are the instagram warnings real or fake and just trying to scare people? (/thread-135232.html)

are the instagram warnings real or fake and just trying to scare people? - shaley - 04-08-2014 08:31 PM

so one of the people im following posted this and im not really sure if this is ACTUALLY real or not... i dont wanna post this on my feed just bc i think its real... i wanna know if its actually real im trying to make my ig feed look nice and im not jus going to post random warning photos.

- Lily - 04-08-2014 08:39 PM

it's fake. i just checked my privacy policy and the most recent update is from September. don't worry about it.

- RJ - 04-08-2014 08:42 PM

Its fake . There are a bunch of font apps on the app stores that enable them to do this . If you read it , it has a spelling error , and its not in instagrams privacy policy . Just a kid thirsty for followers .

- Phoebe - 04-08-2014 08:47 PM

this is a fake warning. people have been posting these a while back, and nothing has ever happened. i wouldn't repost. this is a scam and a lie. if you post it, you have the potential risk of losing many followers for false information.

- Joe - 04-08-2014 08:53 PM

That was clearly written by an idiot. It is definitely fake, or someone needs to be fired.

Here are the errors:
-There should be a comma after "2013" in the first sentence.
-"a huge mass" sounds like crap. It should be something like "a large number".
-"instagram" should have a capital "i" because it is a proper noun.
-"dont't" should only have one "t".
-"This..." should be replaced with "It".
-"...cost..." should be "costs".
-"...and then create..." remove the "then".
-"spams" should be replaced with "spam" which is plural.
-"..of instagram" again, the "i" should be capitalized.
-(The rest is technically grammatically correct; it just sounds like sh*t. This reminds me of the emails I get from Nigerian Princes wanting to give me money.)