Twitist Forums
Why do people advertise back to school items at the beginning of August? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Why do people advertise back to school items at the beginning of August? (/thread-135288.html)

Why do people advertise back to school items at the beginning of August? - fatbird567 - 04-08-2014 08:32 PM

Why is it that a lot of people including marketing companies advertise back to school items at the beginning of August? It's like they only want the parents and students to only think about school and not enjoy their summer, I cannot understand.

- daxter - 04-08-2014 08:42 PM

Better start on Aug 1st rather than the 21st.

- Micki Jindra - 04-08-2014 08:51 PM

I went back to school on August 14th so I needed my supplies in early August. And some kids go back even sooner than I did

- Ariaread - 04-08-2014 09:00 PM

Sorry but in some states school STARTS in August such as Florida and Texas. Colleges start in August.

- Ruby - 04-08-2014 09:07 PM

to give people time to grab what they need and get in early to avoid the rush.

- Buck - 04-08-2014 09:11 PM

They are making money while you send your little sheep to school for their government brainwashing. Keeping the democrat vote alive. Never ending cycle of insanity

- Richard - 04-08-2014 09:17 PM

People who attend school need school supplies. Businesses use "back to school" advertising to get people to purchase one company's back to school items over another. Besides that, what's the point of waiting until school starts to pick up school supplies? By that time, it's kind of late...