Twitist Forums
I am selling stuff on eBay, can I post on craigslist that I am selling on eBay? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: I am selling stuff on eBay, can I post on craigslist that I am selling on eBay? (/thread-135663.html)

I am selling stuff on eBay, can I post on craigslist that I am selling on eBay? - Jared - 04-08-2014 08:38 PM

the things I am selling on ebay can i put their url's in a craigslist posting to get more traffic on ebay to (if it works) increase my chances of selling on ebay?

- Jake - 04-08-2014 08:40 PM

I suspect that Craigslist would have a problem with a competing site being promoted that way, that's only a guess, since you are only advertising to a particular city/region the number of people making it to ebay might be pretty small. If I were to do it I would provide the Ebay link in a reply to the initial inquiry email and not in the advert.

A search for Ebay references, site:craigslist.org ebay.com

Turns up some odd references, lots of seller jobs and ISolditonEbay ads, have a look at what is getting by, I see virtually no physical goods for sale listings, here's one example that looks like Ebay may have censored the URL:

http://orlando.es.craigslist.org/jwl/3880588230.html

One Craigslist caution:

How to recognize a vehicle scam attempt on CL:

eBay Motors or another intermediary is specified by seller - eBay has no involvment in craigslist for sale ads, and any eBay or similar emails or web pages you receive are fake

- GinoParisian - 04-08-2014 08:41 PM

Absolutely not. Craigslist is for local, face-to-face, cash transactions only. Posting your auctions there is rude and violates the TOS, and would get flagged off. The more often your ads are flagged off, the fewer flags are needed to flag off your ads until it gets to the point that they come down in seconds.

The point of eBay is to deliver prospective buyers. If you're posting your auctions correctly, and you are offering items that people want for a fair price and have a good feedback rating, you won't need to post anywhere else. If you're not posting your auctions correctly or have these other problems, you can wallpaper the planet with ads for your listings and they still won't sell.

The bottom line is to stop looking for places to spam and start looking for ways to improve your listings.

- David - 04-08-2014 08:50 PM

Yes you can post stuff your selling on ebay by way of craigslist. But, you need to know a couple of tricks. Ebay, owns 49% of craigslist. They are not a competing site, as the other person wrongfully suggested. What complies with their TOS is posting the ebay ads in the SAME city as you are located. Some times, they will flag your craigslist account as a commercial account for posting any urls, so you will need to verify it with a local land line. To avoid this, you can make a photo of your ebay url, and direct people that way. Craigslist will not be able to see your url if you post a picture of it.

If you are trying to post all over the world, you will need to use a photo of the url, and a different account for each city your posting in. A new York account must be used with a New York IP, or your ad will get removed pretty quickly for example.

Happy posting!