Twitist Forums
High Ping randomly for hours on end while download speeds still max? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: High Ping randomly for hours on end while download speeds still max? (/thread-135829.html)

High Ping randomly for hours on end while download speeds still max? - Elliot - 04-08-2014 08:42 PM

So randomly i get this problem at no particular point in any given day, but my ping will jump from 150 in a game like WOW to 300-400 also in a game like league of legends i usually get 10 ping i will get anywere from 100-400 constant fluctuation. I have a very good router and recently purchased a new wifi adapter N900 Dual band.

I cant for the life of me figure out why the internet is so inconsistent, i believe it may have something to do with the DNS as it seems like the initial connection speed is very slow to many websites.

INTERNET SPECS:

Fibre to the home 100mb/s UP/DOWN - The download and upload speeds remain the same always even in these high ping times.

- Aden - 04-08-2014 08:51 PM

It's people trying to crass/DDos the servers of LoL there are soo many they defend most of the attacks but they cause massive lag.