Twitist Forums
What percentage should I charge my employer for finding website building, social media and SEO clients? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: What percentage should I charge my employer for finding website building, social media and SEO clients? (/thread-136068.html)

What percentage should I charge my employer for finding website building, social media and SEO clients? - Gianno - 04-08-2014 08:47 PM

Hi there. I have currently been employed by a company which solely concentrates on Web Development, Marketing and Design. We concentrate on everything from building Websites making them SEO friendly, Social Media, Email Marketing, SEO/SEM etc etc. We are still going over the payments for my services but I would really appreciate any suggestions or advice - I am NOT getting paid a Salary. I have been told by others that for any website building I should get 40% since I am the one going out, finding the client and setting up the meeting to close the deal - I've also been told to charge the same percentage for other services since I'm also doing marketing services for the company. Thank you all for your time and a very sincere thank you in advance.

- robert m - 04-08-2014 08:53 PM

Its going to need you to work out what you would like to earn - by how much each customer is worth on average, by how many leads you can convert (e.g. meet 10 get 2 clients).

You need to be clear on revenue sharing - It depends upon the value the company is putting on your clients - are they paying on time and becoming long term customer - a customer you introduce that stays with you and brings in $$ every year is worth more than one that you build a website for and then you never hear from again.

- James - 04-08-2014 08:54 PM

You can talk them but I guess they paying you salary for both work... If they have not included in your salary package you can tell them to add...

- Maria - 04-08-2014 08:59 PM

I suggest that both parties should agree upon a fixed salary for every task, i.e. a certain amount to build a site and a separate fixed fee for other tasks including social media, email, etc.

- James - 04-08-2014 09:02 PM

I would advice you to start your own business as you are the one who has connections and is bringing in the clients for the company. Rent a small office, hire a staff and you are good to go.