Twitist Forums
Which of the two domains from SEO point of view is advantageous to have? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Which of the two domains from SEO point of view is advantageous to have? (/thread-136172.html)

Which of the two domains from SEO point of view is advantageous to have? - Samar Trivedi - 04-08-2014 08:50 PM

Which of the two domains from SEO point of view is advantageous to have? "yahoo.co.in" or "in.yahoo.com".
I am planning on launching a website for myself and wish to find out which will be better for Indian target audience. I know one is a sub domain and the other is a Domain with India-specific extension, but which one of the two is advantageous from Search engine optimization's point of view.

- Ranjith.E - 04-08-2014 08:53 PM

Hi..!

Both are having advantageous. Everything based on your "target region", whether it is co.in or .com. nevertheless, if u optimized for "co.in region" audience you could optimize for that region alone. similar to ".com " also. So that first up all come with a conclusion that your site might be targeted co.in or .com. While doing optimization for "co.in" is much better than ".com" to get indexed in Google and easy to get ranked in SERP 1st page in a short period.. Mainly everything depends on your competitor...

- Gene - 04-08-2014 08:56 PM

hey if you targeting the site only for indian traffic then yahoo.co.in is the best domain because it will rank earlier in indian search or you targeting for worldwide traffic then yahoo.com is best.

- Md. Mintu Hossain - 04-08-2014 09:04 PM

Go for the first One. It will help you to get more traffic from India origin.In SEO process you you get more advantages from the yahoo.co.in domain.