Twitist Forums
My router is acting up? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: My router is acting up? (/thread-136416.html)

My router is acting up? - Crimson - 04-08-2014 08:57 PM

For the past two weeks, my wireless connection has been crappy. I have reset my router multiple times to see if that would work, but it didn't. I used to be able to watch YouTube videos in 720p, but now, each time I click on a video, it'll just stop about 5 seconds in and render to 144p quality, which I'm assuming is poor bandwidth. When I play online on PS3, multiplayer matches tend to lag quite more often, which is what irks me the most. I have a Linksys router with a Sprint modem, btw. So, in a nutshell, I have no clue what could be causing this sudden slow connection to the internet. Does weather interfere with it? Is my speed slowed down from not paying the internet bills on time? What do you think?

- Dummy - 04-08-2014 09:04 PM

Perhaps your antenna on the router is pointing in the wrong direction.

- krish - 04-08-2014 09:09 PM

there is hardware failure in router i am sure but still once more you can try with factory restore and re install
firmware.and if it is not working just get a new one .......hope this will help you

- BuJanGs - 04-08-2014 09:14 PM

Try to do factory restore. If problem still happen it maybe because router antenna. You can test it by using wired or try to replace the antenna

- Boss - 04-08-2014 09:22 PM

I think you should get a new one.