Twitist Forums
How can I stop being served particular "from the web" ads on websites I visit? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: How can I stop being served particular "from the web" ads on websites I visit? (/thread-136439.html)

How can I stop being served particular "from the web" ads on websites I visit? - Ayla - 04-08-2014 08:58 PM

A lot of websites I visit have "From the web" articles that pull through at the bottom of the page, which are basically ads, and I keep getting served "Signs you will get cancer" or "Signs that cancer is starting in your body" and it links to a health website. I don't want to see this anymore also I'm superstitious and feel like it is unhealthy to be exposed to this stupid carcinogenic advertisement. I don't know how cookies work etc, but is there a way to make sure I am not being served ads from this News Max Health website when I am browsing other websites?
I'm on Mac OSX 10.9.2
Using Chrome
Work computer so fairly sure they have some kind of malware-preventing tech installed
Adblock worked! Thank you.

- webjnke1 - 04-08-2014 09:03 PM

Sounds like you got adware. Get malwarebytes. update it before you run it. It's free and will likely remove that stuff ... and any others you might have.

- Leonard - 04-08-2014 09:12 PM

Get adblock. Its an addon available for both Chrome and Mozilla.