Twitist Forums
I have a costume shop and need to know a good place to advertise? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: I have a costume shop and need to know a good place to advertise? (/thread-136932.html)

I have a costume shop and need to know a good place to advertise? - sailorlynnmoon - 04-08-2014 09:14 PM

Currently I have a costume/gift shop and having a hard time advertising. I have candles, renaissance and anime costumes, swords, and art but I need help getting people to get to my site. I 've been to google and yahoo where else can I go?

http://www.themystickingdom.com

- Lovinglife - 04-08-2014 09:23 PM

Have you advertised with bellsouth? Phone book ads are great especially online. You can try and advertise on myspace or facebook - something like that. You can even set up your shop on ebay to attract more people.

Good Luck

- 2cool4u - 04-08-2014 09:32 PM

I advertise on cable. It's cheaper than you think. They can specifically target cities in you area and will do a survey to show your commercials on specific channels that will target your market share ex] channels that apply to the woman homemaker. Call them for an estimate, also different providers have different rates.

I received more draw from this than any other type of advertising. It makes you store look credible and professional.

If anything it's worth a try. I don't know what type of revenue you generate but my store does about a mill/yr.

As far as your website include that in your commercial. Also contact your vendors. The usually will have a dealer referral search by zip code with a direct link to your site, store hours, location, and telephone number.

Good Luck.

- tom168mail - 04-08-2014 09:37 PM

Interesting...

you don't have much traffic.

and you're site wouldn't convert well...
(even if you had traffic).

you don't need to spend anything on advertising,
instead you should sit down... create marketing plan.
Learn copywriting. And SEO.

What you need is STRATEGY.

And, it will take time to create your strategy what
would make me... (as your costumer)... to even stay
longer then 1 second at your site.

I hope... this helped. Smile

- Doran P - 04-08-2014 09:41 PM

You need to talk directly to the people most likely to buy from you.

The vehicle to accomplish that is direct mail.

To get a better response, you must include these elements:

1. A drop dead professional design and layout....if at first glance it looks home-made and cheezy, it will be assumed that any message you have in the card, has the same level of cheezy value.

2. A headline that solves the problem in one sentence, or that invlokes curiosity. Basically, your ideal customer should recognize immediately that you are speaking directly to him and his needs.

an example of a weak headline....recently I saw a post card from a mortgage company. the post card was featuring their new hot tips phone numbers. They had numbers for several different topics "14 tips to prepare your house for sale" ..etc. Their headline "Knowledge is Power" played nicely on their mailers knowledge theme. however, the headline gives the immediate impression that the post card is about education, not mortgages. Many potential mortgage buyers will have been lost at the headline, and the card sailing into the round file before their next heart beat.

3. A "worthwhile" offer. ...not to be confused with an "offer". Your purpose here is to to get them to contact you....and its really really important, because none of the other steps in the business relationship will ever happen till this first one does. ...so don't be conservative here.

if you ever have questions or ideas you'd like bounce around, feel free to contact me.

doran@doranpeck.com

good luck to you