Twitist Forums
Would you pay subscription fee to use an internet web browser? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Would you pay subscription fee to use an internet web browser? (/thread-137007.html)

Would you pay subscription fee to use an internet web browser? - Adrian - 04-08-2014 09:17 PM

Would you pay subscription fee to use an internet web browser?
So you have pay for your internet service (AT&T, Comcast, etc.),
But then you have to pay a subscription fee for the web browser like internet explorer and Mozilla FireFox. [kinda like a Xbox Live Subscription]
So if all web browsers do this except for Safari(which would be free), which Apple only makes available on Apple Product(MacBooks iPad etc.)
Would you pay for the subscription or buy a pricey Mac.

[In the future if they do this, do to "high" volumes of cyber threats, to protect you <third party web browsers won't protect you>]

What do you think you would do.

- Wrekonize - 04-08-2014 09:19 PM

Net neutrality is real. Paying for websites is most likely going to happen one day and not so much paying by browser.

think of it as a free car and you're driving on the road, you will need to pay for every turn you make and if you want to cross the street, you pay more.

- melissa - 04-08-2014 09:25 PM

You do not currently need to pay to use a browser, you only need to pay for your 'data'. However, if it came to it, I would rather buy a subscription than buy a Mac - Macs are too confusing, and it would be pointless for me to spend over £1000 on a computer that I only want for surfing the internet.

- FUBAR - 04-08-2014 09:31 PM

safari is available on the pc.

all web browsers are free, except for opera

you pay your ISP for the service to access the internet.

- PokerPlayer - 04-08-2014 09:35 PM

You set up a scenario where you'd have to. If I'm reading your question right you are saying pay you are at risk of getting viruses.