Twitist Forums
is it possible to get hacked with an attached file via facebook messages? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: is it possible to get hacked with an attached file via facebook messages? (/thread-137210.html)

is it possible to get hacked with an attached file via facebook messages? - Jim - 04-08-2014 09:23 PM

i have doubts that my pc, the whole system i mean has been hacked... if it has been hacked it might have come from facebook. i have a suspect and i don't care if they could read what i'm writing Wink because the end is near for them if you know what i mean lol.

now, does not facebook scan the attachments uploaded through messages ? i mean is it possible for someone to hack my system using a file he sends to me ?

i received .DWG .doc .txt .pdf .rar and several other types of files from this one person and now i'm afraid he got access to my pc.

- Harry - 04-08-2014 09:27 PM

i thought there is only one way to hacked anyone pc is....through using trojan virus....

- Stevö© - 04-08-2014 09:33 PM

Even if Facebook did scan it (and they don't) a virus can be hidden in that rar file. Its up to you to scan ALL files you download for viruses. If you opened any of these they could be Trojans or back-doors in there that allow unauthorized access to your system.

- Faruk - 04-08-2014 09:40 PM

If the file is an app and attacked by virus, it can hack your account.

- Jennieke - 04-08-2014 09:42 PM

I agree with Stevö. They don't scan your attachments. Thats up to you. Facebook techically claims zero liability for hacked accounts and access to your computer from them-- If you're too concerned, I would back up all your files, and then wipe the disk.