Twitist Forums
My laptop is connected but has no internet access? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: My laptop is connected but has no internet access? (/thread-137299.html)

My laptop is connected but has no internet access? - Gareth - 04-08-2014 09:25 PM

Usually when I turn on my laptop everything goes smoothly and there is internet access. However, whenever I'm in the middle of browsing suddenly my pages stop loading and I check my network connection and it says no internet access, but it says its connected. Then I'll usually have to either reset my router/modem or disconnect and reconnect, only for it to happen again sometime later. This happens all the time when I use the computer. Is there anyway I can stop this from happening? It really disrupts my browsing a lot. Thanks in advance.

- Hossein - 04-08-2014 09:35 PM

1st : open your run , type this : ping http://www.google.com -t if you got Replied from google and with a latency number , then i think you need to check your proxies or firewall (because your connection has no problem but your softwares have ) or if you got this message " destination host unreachable " you need to reconfigure your modem . the only thing you need to do is calling your network administrator and ask him/her how to configure your modem . and if you got request time out message it means you are connected but its week and you need to call the your network technical support

- Aakash - 04-08-2014 09:44 PM

this is an common issue it is due to your ISP even it happens to me also a lot at every end of the month it is due to because u might far away from ISP so that when they need to change and update their servers they just cut down all connections and it takes a little bit time reset everything but dont go under resetting always ! just wait for a couple of days it and check your modem ligths . THE ADSL light must be at on ! if this does not ur wire may be loose connected and IF u have the ADSL light on and the problems comes its normal dont get panic it will alright ! ( IF THIS EVERYTHING DOESNT WORK CONTACT YOUR ISP THE BEST ! )