Twitist Forums
What kind of website is appropriate for a Own-Name-Domain, ie: ( www.JohnDoe.com ) ? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: What kind of website is appropriate for a Own-Name-Domain, ie: ( www.JohnDoe.com ) ? (/thread-137480.html)

What kind of website is appropriate for a Own-Name-Domain, ie: ( www.JohnDoe.com ) ? - maricel - 04-08-2014 09:31 PM

I am thinking of making a resume/portfolio website using my own-name-domain.

But do you think it's appropriate to monetize from a Own-Name-Domain RESUME website?

Because I want to put some advertisement, ppc, adsense, promote some books, have blogs, forums, etc.

Is it appropriate for a Own-Name-Domain RESUME website?

Or it should be just a RESUME/PORTFOLIO and nothing more, to make it look decent and professional?

Can you send me link to sample already made websites that you know of..

Thanks,
Lenn
@ jake :

Does that mean, I should not put ads on my Portfolio website, right?

- Jake - 04-08-2014 09:31 PM

Don't bother, the site wouldn't get enough traffic to earn much (could be 1 cent a visitor) ads can also put off the potential employers the site is made to reach.

There are marketing experts who trade off their name who get enough traffic to justify ads.

- flying_ant_2013 - 04-08-2014 09:35 PM

I would also advise against putting ads on your Own-Name-Domain site. Keep it clean and professional and you can always create other sites / blogs if you want to earn some money on the side.

Of course, there are exceptions and you can use your Own-Name-Domain for soft promotions - e.g. if you are a programmer, you can have links to software that you have created, if you are a musician, you can have links to your songs, albums, etc.

All the best