Twitist Forums
Do apps on smartphones track your online purchases and online web searches and do they create ads on the applications? I - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Do apps on smartphones track your online purchases and online web searches and do they create ads on the applications? I (/thread-138025.html)

Do apps on smartphones track your online purchases and online web searches and do they create ads on the applications? I - whisperingroom190 - 04-08-2014 09:44 PM

or do they share your ads that are customized for you from your web searches with other people using the app or similar apps? Or only with you? And do apps use data from your email like purchases that you've made and sell this information to people, ads or companies/stores in your area?

- frank lynn - 04-08-2014 09:53 PM

They can and probably do. Why do you think the Bluetooth defaults ON when iOS is updated on iPhones and iPads?

Google (Android) and Apple both can do this. Make sure you "Opt Out" for all advertisement info, etc. You need to learn about your phone and services and apps. Do not trust them as far as you can throw them.