Twitist Forums
Is it illegal to make a fake facebook account? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is it illegal to make a fake facebook account? (/thread-138085.html)

Is it illegal to make a fake facebook account? - Kalz - 04-08-2014 09:45 PM

I'm not faking anyone's identity. The account is 100% fake, the person doesn't exist and the picture is a random off google. I just plan on messing around on facebook with people. I did this a few times before and some girl threatened to call the police. Should I be afraid?

- Darlin1_66 - 04-08-2014 09:54 PM

It is a violation of Facebook's terms of use agreement. They can prosecute if they choose

- Michael - 04-08-2014 10:04 PM

Nope, Its not illegal but it is against facebooks policy.

- DeMoNsLaYeR575 - 04-08-2014 10:08 PM

Technically it is illegal to create fake information at any point... but almost no one ever cares

- Kittysue - 04-08-2014 10:13 PM

If you are using that account to bully or harass someone, then yes they can call the police and you can be arrested for harassment

- Daniel - 04-08-2014 10:16 PM

its Not illegal But it is Against Facebook Terms of Service Tho Unless You Create it To Bully or Harrase Someone Than That Can Be Considered Cyber Bullying

- Fred - 04-08-2014 10:20 PM

It is against the terms of service of Facebook. But regardless of all the brilliant minds answering it is not illegal,when you sign up to a site, you agree to have read and fully comply with their terms of service. This makes it a binding legal contract. Since part of those terms is that you MUST give true information when signing up, you would then have broken the law.You can get a prison sentence for it. And a permanent criminal record.