Twitist Forums
I hate my stupid Muslim name? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: I hate my stupid Muslim name? (/thread-139245.html)

Pages: 1 2

I hate my stupid Muslim name? - Adam Slaty - 04-12-2014 08:08 PM

Hi I'm an 18yo atheist ex Muslim and I my real name is Mahmoud can u imagine having my name ? Like I have the name of the man who I hate threw most the pedophilian fake prophet and it pisses the **** out of me whenever I meet a stranger I tell them that my name is Adam but I'm still Mahmoud on the id and my relatives how can I convince them to start calling me my new name and should I change it on my fb or itll look stupid ? thanks a lot and If u have better names than Adam that I can use here and in the middle east it'll be awesome thanks a lot.

- mother - 04-12-2014 08:18 PM

Embrace the suck

- Space Dog - 04-12-2014 08:23 PM

It must be fun having the name as a dirty child raping sack of crap.

- Are You Sure? - 04-12-2014 08:31 PM

If you don't like your name, change it.

- Taylor - 04-12-2014 08:40 PM

I rename you Fred

- Osbourne Levesque - 04-12-2014 08:54 PM

Then change it... Like, point blank period.

- IOM - 04-12-2014 08:57 PM

Adam is OK if you like it. Cheers, Adam!.

- Quarantine - 04-12-2014 09:10 PM

You have the choice to choose from Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Judah Name directory but Atheism specifically has no name directory.
I feel you won't be haivng any issue with it.
You "Pretend" good but its always wise to control emotions while pretending to be something.

- 407 - 04-12-2014 09:22 PM

Can't you legally change your name? I know of some countries that allow it. Check to see if you can.

I do understand why you're upset. I've thought about it a lot considering how popular the name Mohammed is (as well as the hundreds of derivatives). I mean there must be hundreds of thousands if not millions of people with the same name: Mohammed.

Have you considered having a middle-eastern name but one that is more irreligious? Adam may stick out a bit there but it's a very personal choice so you must decide.

As for getting your friends and family on your side... that could be tough.

And if you're living in the middle east, watch out, being an atheist there is not so safe and what you've written here could kill you.

- Justine - 04-12-2014 09:36 PM

Im sorry you have to go through this Sad Anyhow, heres a helpful link exposing islam even more for future references.

Anyway, about your name. You could change your facebook name if you want, and tell your parents/friends to call you by another name as a nickname until it becomes your name lol What exactly appeals to you? Do you want a western name of a name that is of your culture but not necessarily from the islam religion? The 2nd link id a list of names from the middle east. the ones i saw on the list are not islam related. Good luck!