Twitist Forums
Wifi Connection Randomly Stops Working? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Wifi Connection Randomly Stops Working? (/thread-139430.html)

Wifi Connection Randomly Stops Working? - KaylasADork(: - 04-13-2014 12:37 PM

I'm not exactly computer savvy. But, I know I do routine scans and such on my laptop: Acer brand.

Basically what's happening is I could be surfing the internet, using Google Chrome. I will choose to go to another page and it will take approximately three minutes for this page to load, and what I see is "No Date Received" or something like that. I try to go to a different page, I continue to get the exact error message. I go to try another browser such as firefox or IE, and no such luck.
That's when I go to check my wifi connection. It shows a perfect connection, all bars, and it states I do have internet access.
I went into the Status, and I saw IPv4 has an internet connection, however IPv6 does not. I'm not sure if thats normal, I honestly have no clue. My media is also enabled. (I don't know if this is important. I'm just trying to give as much information as possible.) I have a WEP connection.

If anyone could help with this, that'd be great. I'm totally confused.
Also, I have tried restarting my router and also disconnecting from it and then reconnecting. The only thing that seems to work is completely restarting the laptop.

- Rebeca - 04-13-2014 12:51 PM

It seems there is some connection problem with your network that you are using.