Twitist Forums
Why doesn't my Google TV offer a Facebook app on the Android Market? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Why doesn't my Google TV offer a Facebook app on the Android Market? (/thread-13969.html)

Why doesn't my Google TV offer a Facebook app on the Android Market? - jllry5 - 10-15-2012 08:56 PM

Thought maybe Google isn't offering it because it is trying to get Google+ the business and not facebook. I can go through the browser to Facebook and it works just fine. It would just be nice to have an app for it. I also went to Android Market through the BROWSER on the google TV instead of through the Android Market app on the TV and typed in Facebook. The app showed up but said not compatible.

- Megan Williams - 10-15-2012 09:04 PM

Yes, some TVS are not compatible with Facebook, just like mine. If it says there is a Facebook app and is not compatible then maybe in the near future it will be. But for now, it looks like you will just have to use the browser.

- James - 10-15-2012 09:04 PM

It's not anything that Google is doing. Facebook has to make changes to their app in order for it to work on Google TV. Until they make a variant of their app for Google TV, it's not going to be compatible. Considering how much Google and Facebook have been fighting lately, I wouldn't count on a Facebook app for Google TV anytime soon. I have a Logitech Revue and I'm completely bummed out about this too.