Twitist Forums
How to Create a Full-Width Page Template for My WordPress blog? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: How to Create a Full-Width Page Template for My WordPress blog? (/thread-139704.html)

How to Create a Full-Width Page Template for My WordPress blog? - Tabish - 04-14-2014 12:06 PM

I have recently created wordpress blog and I want to remove sidebar from its pages. How can i make this possible?

- Peter Nikolow - 04-14-2014 12:19 PM

This dependent from page attributes, but not all themes support it. For example i use theme from ElegantThemes and have setting as "Full Width Page".

Other workaround is to go on Appearance -> Widgets and to remove all widgets from sidebar.

- KJL - 04-14-2014 12:34 PM

First you'll have to setup a new Wordpress page template. Copy and paste the old page template, rename it Full-Width, upload it, and remove the sidebar completely from the code. Once you have that setup you'll also probably need to adjust the CSS to make it span the entire width of the page. It really depends on the Wordpress theme. Some will be easier than others to modify.