Twitist Forums
Need help picking a router? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Need help picking a router? (/thread-139817.html)

Need help picking a router? - john - 04-14-2014 09:50 PM

So I used to have a 2wire router that I used through AT&T, but now I have a faster internet connection (cable), and I am looking to buy a new router that I will mainly be using to play Call of Duty on. Anyway I don't know much about routers, I'm not sure how good the 2wire router actually was and how much I should spend on a new one. I'm looking to spend between $50-$100 at a local walmart or best buy but I'd like to know if a $50 router will do the trick or if I should spend more? Also how can you keep people from using your internet? My 2wire router had a network key. Thanks.
Internet connection is 6.12 mbps download.

- James - 04-14-2014 09:51 PM

Apples fall from trees gravity cat not amused

- Terminator alien - 04-14-2014 10:06 PM

buy a dlink dsl router if you haved broadband .or buy a wifi router with cable router .cisco routers are the best .

- Mike - 04-14-2014 10:12 PM

I have a NetGear® Router from Walmart®. NetGear has many types of router that will meet your needs. I have NetGear 300. If you want one for gaming I recommend you getting NetGear 300 or NetGear 600. The 600 has a better range than the 300 but I still like the 300. It also depends how fast your internet connection is. These products are in the price range you asked.

- Azzy - 04-14-2014 10:18 PM

I've had a couple and 2 verizon ones, and they're the absolute best. They connected virtually immediately, ran multiple devices, and none of the speed was lost. I still have one, the first one went "missing"