Twitist Forums
What should I do with this girl? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: What should I do with this girl? (/thread-140009.html)

What should I do with this girl? - john - 04-15-2014 11:32 AM

Met her at beginning of last semester in coed service fraternity. Immediately fell in love with her. It took her a while to develop a thing for me, but we started out as friends. It actually got to the point where she was asking me to walk with her to places (mainly service fraternity events/gatherings). She got me to play indoor soccer on her coed intramural team and I got her to play basketball on my coed intramural team. Finally, I got the courage to ask her out to dinner last week (once in the past, I had eaten with her and her girl friends). I said "would you like to go out with me to [name of restaurant] next week" and I honestly was expecting a flat out rejection or maybe or is "this a date as in friends or a real date" but she immediately replied "Yes!" And she had a big smile on her face. But then she said, I'll have to check my calendar and I may be pledging next week in which case I won't be able to talk to you at all. It came as a surprise to me because I had no idea she was joining a sorority, she just didn't seem like that type. And it's actually gotten me a little confused because I don't know if I like the idea of dating a girl in a sorority (The coed fraternity we are in is serviced based, not social based). In addition, according to her Facebook, her Birthday is next Sunday, the 3rd of March. So basically, I heard from my friend that she pledged for sorority ______. So I sent her a text message of encouragement saying I wished her the best of luck and that all goes well in the process (and that I realized she wouldn't be able to txt/talk me back because of the pledging process). So basically my question is what move do I make next? What if she forgets about the date plans or doesn't say anything about it after pledge process is over? Do I just move on and assume she was just being nice to me and not seeking a relationship or do I remind her about the plans? Also, if I do hear back from her at some point confirming the date I proposed, should I tell my parents or keep it secret for a while!

- Lauren - 04-15-2014 11:34 AM

That's so cute! If I where u I would ask her out then take it from there and while on a the date lean in and see if he accepts the kiss
Good luck buddy hope this helps

- Katie - 04-15-2014 11:40 AM

Well your next move is up to you. If you like her enough then wait until the pledge process is over - If not, move on. You dont have to tell your parents about the date until anything is official between you two. Good luck!