Twitist Forums
Can I have a lifetime email address? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Can I have a lifetime email address? (/thread-140172.html)

Can I have a lifetime email address? - Bobbb - 04-16-2014 01:18 AM

If I lose an email address I had which is a really good one, could someone get that address in a couple of months time?

- RIcky - 04-16-2014 01:27 AM

Well it matters Smile, probably no and here is why,

#1 if you get email from a small company they could go out of business

#2 if you get email from a large company they might get bought and have the service discountinued or something else along those lines.

What I am saying here is that almost any email service is not dependable to where you can be sure the company will exist when you die, so with luck a email service could last your lifetime but you can never count on it Smile

- Smokies Hiker - 04-16-2014 01:29 AM

It's "somewhat" possible, but not all that likely. It just depends on the provider and how they conduct business.

- Marcos - 04-16-2014 01:43 AM

I don't thinks so but you could find out, Try starting it again yourself or contact the Company that provided you with the E-Mail Address, I'm confident it you get a Gmail account it's not going be discontinued anytime soon (At least for Decades) and same goes for Yahoo although they are in the News a lot lately for being hacked and for crashing.

- clearthinkernow - 04-16-2014 01:45 AM

How would you lose an email address? Yes, you can keep an email address forever as long as you pay the bill.