Twitist Forums
How to get over my ex boyfriend once and for all!!!!? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: How to get over my ex boyfriend once and for all!!!!? (/thread-140378.html)

How to get over my ex boyfriend once and for all!!!!? - Miguel - 04-16-2014 07:33 PM

this guy broke up with me in 2010 and I still think of him very often. Even some months ago I still had feelings for him and hope for us to be together again. But now I realize that we just aren't meant to be.

I used to think about him the whole time, the tiniest details led me to the memories we once shared. Now I only think of him in very specific details throughout the day, there isn't a single day when I don't have him in my thoughts. It used to be even worse because these memories were deeply hurtful, now he remains a current and very often thought but it doesn't hurt me the way it used to years ago

The thing is.... I don't want to think of him AT ALL. When somebody makes a silly joke, I think of him, I don't want him to be in my mind anymore, I want him out of my life once and for all! I haven't seen him personally in years either, and I want to stop being afraid of that, I don't want to check if he's around every time I go out, If I ever see him again I want to keep my cool, even if ever get to know he's seeing someone else I don't want to feel anything

I try not to fantasy about him either, and it's working, I haven't checked his facebook profile in YEARS but I still think of him every day... I'm getting there, it's one little step that will finally make me forget about him

- ? - 04-16-2014 07:47 PM

I feel in love with a guy, in the 1980's I still have feelings for him.

- robert43041 - 04-16-2014 08:01 PM

You will never forget the guy. You have to deal with it one way or another. Get into another rship and get on with your life.

- Ken - 04-16-2014 08:17 PM

Well, I´m not sure if you will ever forget him, something similar is happening to me right now. I´m kinda obsessed with a guy and he doesn´t even knows who I am, the reason is that I followed him on Twitter and I´ve never tweeted him, ok, so, eventhough I don´t check his profile or his photos he´s always on my mind, I´m always thinking of What should I´ve been doing right now if he were my boyfriend? And stuff like that.
I don´t know if time heals everything but in your case, you´ve been in love with him since you met him and you broke in 2010 and it´s 2014 and you haven´t forgotten him!
You should go with a psychologist, maybe he/she can give you an advice.
Good luck