Twitist Forums
If I delete my LinkedIn account, will someone still see that I viewed them? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: If I delete my LinkedIn account, will someone still see that I viewed them? (/thread-140869.html)

If I delete my LinkedIn account, will someone still see that I viewed them? - Sweet - 04-18-2014 01:58 PM

I accidentally viewed someone's profile and I REALLY don't want them to know (long story). After noticing their LinkedIn profile from a Google search, I clicked it without realizing I was still logged in to LinkedIn. I changed my settings to 'anonymous' immediately after but I know this isn't retroactive and it won't stop someone from seeing I viewed them before I changed this setting. However, I deleted my account altogether. When I search for myself on Google my deleted LinkedIn profile still comes up with 0 connections. My question is, will the person I viewed still see that it was me?

*Bonus points to the person who tests this out by creating a dummy profile, viewing their real profile, then deleting the dummy to see if the view shows up on their real profile Wink thanks in advance!

- LinkedIn - 04-18-2014 01:59 PM

Hi there, Sweet.

I can confirm that once an account is deleted, it will no longer appear in the "Who's Viewed My Profile" list. It may take a few minutes to disappear, but it will go away fairly soon after closing the account.

Thanks!