Twitist Forums
Fake account on twitter an how to find out who it really is? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Fake account on twitter an how to find out who it really is? (/thread-141121.html)

Fake account on twitter an how to find out who it really is? - anon - 04-19-2014 10:42 AM

Someone from my school has made a twitter account and I tweeting about everyone's, for example past relationships. I want to find out who they are over possibly their IP address, is there any possible way I can find out who it is? Please keep in mind that this person knew everything about everyone and no one knows a person like this

- abraXus - 04-19-2014 10:52 AM

there is no way to find out who it is, and an IP address wouldnt tell you anything more than what city their ISP is in

- Comicbook Reader - 04-19-2014 10:56 AM

It's a bit of a myth that you can trace someone through their IP address. Unless you have access to court orders, there isn't much it will do for you.

- Daniel - 04-19-2014 11:13 AM

There is No Way to Find Out Whos Behind It Only Twitter Admins and the Police Can Track That Stuff Down

- Kittysue - 04-19-2014 11:14 AM

Nobody but the police can track them. You would need to file a police report for harassment and defamation. The police would then need to get a judge to grant them a subpoena to access Twitter's records in order to trace the person. This requires a court order
So if you feel the person behind the account is harassing people then file a police report