Twitist Forums
My 11 year old wants twitter should I let her? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: My 11 year old wants twitter should I let her? (/thread-141161.html)

My 11 year old wants twitter should I let her? - Emily💕💋☀️✨💜💙 - 04-19-2014 01:48 PM

Some of her friends are on but if she was on I would put her tweets on private. But I'm still worried. Should I let her thank you for all your amazing answers xoxo💋

- Bob - 04-19-2014 01:59 PM

There are some incredibly bad people to follow, and good people, but it's fine if you monitor who she follows every week or so. I'd say it's fine

- kasey q - 04-19-2014 02:11 PM

No! What does a 5/6th grader have to tweet about. Plus the bullying and other things...not worth it! I'm sure she can be focusing on something else!

- something fishy - 04-19-2014 02:15 PM

THANKS FOR THE 10 POINTS ON THE LAST QUESTION

NO WAY SHE IS TOO YOUNG...all kids feel like they need to be connected to all adult things no...

she needs a good book and not a kindle

limit all social media to 20-30 minutes a day get out and play

limit tv all week so school is the focus

no video games it's a waste of time...tennis bowling real games for the real world

*(*

*(*

- Amanda - 04-19-2014 02:22 PM

I don't think it's necessary for her friends to have one, let alone her. I mean it's your decision but honestly if she wants a website to go on with her friends buy like a freaking Webkinz or something lol. She's too young imo but if it's monitored by you and the privacy is super tight I guess that's fine but by those rules what's the point of having the account, right? Besides, Twitter's confusing

- 769 - 04-19-2014 02:32 PM

Yes I Think you should Let Her. If you Won't, she will feel bad.Just Monitor her, sit beside her when she is using Twitter.If Somethings goes wrong delete the account.

- Ava - 04-19-2014 02:41 PM

As a parent I would not. Even if it's private I heard it's not legal to have an account on places like kik, facebook, snapchat if you're under 17. The other day my daughter's school had a meeting saying it was not legal. I also have a 11 year old. I have a twitter and I would not allow it.