Twitist Forums
Why is firefox no longer user friendly? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Why is firefox no longer user friendly? (/thread-141578.html)

Why is firefox no longer user friendly? - Trevor - 04-20-2014 11:19 PM

So my firefox wasn't updated for like, a year or so. I normally just ignored the 'please update your browser' messages until today. Literally every five seconds, it would pop up, so I decided to finally update it. Before the update, when I visited a new website, it didn't care, every once in a while, however, it would warn me about possible viruses, and it was reliable then so I trusted it. But now, every time I go to a new page, it warns me of possible viruses. I even had to tell it google was safe. And i mean page, not website, so when I search in google, I have to say the search page is safe too. Is there a way to stop it, and why would they do that? Its so freaking annoying! If nobody knows how to fix it, can I get mozilla's email so I can take it up with them?

- Rico Hsu - 04-20-2014 11:26 PM

Nope that's why so many people moved from Firefox to Google Chrome

- jegs - 04-20-2014 11:32 PM

Uninstall and reinstall Firefox.

- RIcky - 04-20-2014 11:39 PM

I think you got a virus which made the newer firefox cracks down harder on so run a full antivirus scan, if that is not the case you are running a fake version of firefox which probably does contain a virus

- Smokies Hiker - 04-20-2014 11:56 PM

I know exactly what you mean about Firefox. I just uninstalled it from my computer this past week because I was tired of it not working and being unreliable. I've been getting the Firefox pop-ups too. I ignore them too, but they are less of a problem to deal with than firefox itself, so I'm not worrying about them.

- Gary - 04-21-2014 12:03 AM

Switch to Waterfox, I did,[been using firefox for 6 years] it is identical to Firefox can use all Firefox addons, faster, better, runs real smooth but must have 64 bit computer.

http://www.waterfoxproject.org/