Twitist Forums
Why does my internet explorer freeze and not respond I have the updated latest one (11)? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Why does my internet explorer freeze and not respond I have the updated latest one (11)? (/thread-141675.html)

Why does my internet explorer freeze and not respond I have the updated latest one (11)? - SusieQ - 04-21-2014 08:25 AM

Every time I go to a site it says internet explorer has stopped working and the site im on stops responding and I have windows 7

- Berni - 04-21-2014 08:37 AM

Disable Flash Player. If this doesn't help, disable usage of GPU (graphical processing unit). If this doesn't help, use Firefox. I've used IE, Opera, Chrome and FF and nothing runs like a fox!

- mike70025 - 04-21-2014 08:39 AM

Internet Explorer has been doing this for years. The latest version has a ton of improvements over the previous versions, but it's still Internet Explorer. Try updating your Adobe Flash, and Java, and make sure your GPU is functioning properly. If it still continues use a different web browser. Such as Comet Bird, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.

- Minister of Truth - 04-21-2014 08:44 AM

easiest thing to try is rollback to IE 10 which I assume was your previous browser.

That's what I did after seeing 11 was auto installed on my pc, and 10 instantly became the browser.

Maybe some incompat issues w/ 11 and some websites.

Start button, search explorer. should take you to installed updates, uninstall 11.

And I have Java disabled in IE 10