Twitist Forums
Macbook Pro "13 Retina or Non Retina? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Macbook Pro "13 Retina or Non Retina? (/thread-141701.html)

Macbook Pro "13 Retina or Non Retina? - Claire A - 04-21-2014 10:40 AM

I'll be getting a new laptop soon and i was wondering which one to get! Pretty tricky.

I'll be using the laptop for Word Documents etc, Social Media, Photo Editting, Video Editting, Music Editting, watching movies and i have about 6gb of music and I'm sure it'll increase as time goes by.

Now. I don't really mind whether it's Retina or not, I mind about the storage capacity. Also, the cheaper the price the better right?

The Non Retina (£999) has 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz, 4GB 1600MHz memory, 500GB 5400-rpm hard drive1, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Built-in battery (7 hours)2.

The Retina (£1,099) has 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz, 4GB 1600MHz memory, 128GB PCIe-based flash storage1, Intel Iris Graphics, Built-in battery (9 hours)2.

Now, they're both the same but the only main concern I have with the Retina is that it has 128GB storage. I would like a bigger storage capacity but i've heard that you can't upgrade anything beacuse everything's glued to the mother board. (now i dont know much about this but i know that its way less than the 500gb) also if i get the higher storage retina its about £1,499. big no no.

The Non Retina has a higher Ghz + storage
The Non Retina has a battery indicator. (which I find quite nifty but i wouldnt mind if its not there)
The Retina has Retina display.
The Retina has HDMI. It's lighter.

someone help me pick, pleaseee!!!

- Luke - 04-21-2014 10:49 AM

The Retina has a Flash storage, but the Non-Retina has a HDD. Definitely get the Retina, it is way better for movies and for Photo editing, it is a must have. My suggestion: get the Retina, along with an external HDD drive (for example http://amzn.to/1m0Vv1L)

-Luke