Twitist Forums
Do you have experience as an Administrator using Yammer.com? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Do you have experience as an Administrator using Yammer.com? (/thread-141817.html)

Do you have experience as an Administrator using Yammer.com? - Mark - 04-21-2014 08:04 PM

I'm considering deploying Yammer.com in my office as a quick & easy replacement for our Intranet. I would love to here some feedback from people who have used it in a professional environment? Is the tool well received? Or does it serve as a "time suck" where people go to avoid working? Also, if you are an administrator, I'd like to learn about any tips/tricks you might have learned in your deployment. Thanks.

- jimgmacmvp - 04-21-2014 08:20 PM

I use Yammer, but I'm not a Yammer admin.

#1 gripe - every time i log into Yammer it sends me an email telling me I logged into Yammer. Like duh! I knew that.

Yammer is a lot more intimate and involving than the typical bulletin-board style of intranet. It's more like Facebook so consider it a social networking tool adapted for a closed group of people.

Any intranet or social media gathering place has the possibility of becoming a time suck. Managers often worry that employees will spend too much time discussing trivia with each other, but the biggest time suck seems to be long-winded management messages encouraging feedback, which employees feel obliged to provide.