Twitist Forums
what is the composition of the www in terms of filetypes? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: what is the composition of the www in terms of filetypes? (/thread-141844.html)

what is the composition of the www in terms of filetypes? - Super Nice Care Bears - 04-21-2014 10:08 PM

not html or any type of program or script, but rather in terms of downloadable filetypes.
do you think most of the downloadable or displayable *texts on web are .txt or .pdf? surely someone has published a study showing a pie chart of distribution? i am asking for text, so i can make use of the web better for studying, anyone can answer for video and sound etc., if they want
i have found filetype:pdf to be a very good search modifier on google as it gets me (more) professional documents quicker when i am searching.
exactly. i need a pie chart of most downloaded file types by category - video, sound, text, etc. thanks for the info btw.

- Franco - 04-21-2014 10:09 PM

Hello

I would have asked your question like what is the composition of a website in terms of file types? You can make your files downloadable from a website. You can download files from a website.

www has nothing to do with file types.

I think the most downloaded file type is .pdf.