Twitist Forums
Block Teamviewer ID Number? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Block Teamviewer ID Number? (/thread-141876.html)

Block Teamviewer ID Number? - xivister - 04-22-2014 12:10 AM

I am getting spam from a particular person on the Windows program Teamviewer. How can I block that ID number?

- Comicbook Reader - 04-22-2014 12:11 AM

Teamviewer isn't a Windows program. You should leave it running if it's not in use. Just shut it down.

Not sure how they are using Teamviewer as a spam vehicle, they shouldn't be able to see you at all. Uninstall Teamviewer, if you don't need it. This will halt all contact.

- Phil - 04-22-2014 12:26 AM

Teamviewer is an excellent tool to allow another person to connect and share or fix issues. I use it to help friends/family

However it sounds like your teamviewer is set to start at startup - you can uninstall it if you have no use but you could just as easily remove it from startup

But I would advise you contact teamviewer via their website and report the id - they will not like their software being abused in this way

I have 9 contacts in my teamviewer list - 4 of which I see online when they boot up but I do not message them and abuse temaviewer - if they want me they message me in yahoo for help

So your choice uninstall or remove from startup or report to Teamviewer (the last being the best option)