Twitist Forums
Making a online store in a niche market? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Making a online store in a niche market? (/thread-142382.html)

Making a online store in a niche market? - al x - 04-23-2014 04:28 PM

Do you think there's potential to make a worthwhile amount of money by buying wholesale items in a niche market and making a site dedicated to it?

Regardless of what it is assuming it is a type of product that lots of people buy whether it be wine, video games, skateboards, massage chairs, etc...

Thanks

- Jake - 04-23-2014 04:44 PM

It's far from a sure thing, the majority of people who try online businesses fail, on the bright side they typically spend nothing like a physical store venture costs. Aside from the bigger competitors who get lower volume prices and who can afford to make no profit in initially acquiring a new customer, you may find getting those prospects to the site to be the biggest challenge. First testing the waters in a marketplace site like Ebay or Amazon might be a less costly approach.

There are some ready made niche sites sold, many for Amazon affiliates who earn 4% to 8% of any sales they secure, that's a low commission but Amazon has high sales rates. These affiliate sites can use Amazon data feeds to automatically populate catalog pages.

- Tom - 04-23-2014 04:53 PM

Yes, I resell Diseny Stuff, buying items in bulk and selling them for profit. (With very competitive pricing). Why does it work? I work at it constantly!

- Sofia - 04-23-2014 04:55 PM

Yes. It also all depends on how you promote it.

I would suggest creating a blog, of course having social media pages, and maybe joining an affiliate program already mentioned below.