Twitist Forums
how do you stop feeling alone? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook groups (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: how do you stop feeling alone? (/thread-143033.html)

how do you stop feeling alone? - Amber - 04-25-2014 10:03 PM

I have these days where I feel alone and that I need to speak to people, some days I feel so happy and have amazing conversations and loads of people to talk to. other times no one ever seems to be available or it feels like everything dislikes me. I have a best friend that's like a sister but right now she's on holiday with her boyfriend and I just feel really alone, I have a boyfriend also but he's a busy boy we try to see each other as much as possible but it's complicated and it makes it hard to see each other sometimes. I used to have a whole group of girly friends but things happened, we all moved on from one another and now I have about 4 close friends and then loads of acquaintances. So how do you stop this feeling?

- Mark - 04-25-2014 10:05 PM

enroll in a gym, very easy to make friends and exercise is good for you

- K - 04-25-2014 10:11 PM

I feel very alone sometimes. The thing that helps me most is asking some friends/ acquaintances to go to a coffee shop with me.It always makes me feel better. If they aren't available then take your dog for a walk at the park if you have one Smile

- ProfGene.Togolot - 04-25-2014 10:27 PM

Most of my friends have moved away or died so I only see my good friends at most once a year and only for a few days. So found this program called Paltalk which has voice chat and there are some bad people there and some terrific people there and i have been chatting there for 10 or so years. So if I feel like talking to someone I log onto Paltalk and can usually find someone I know in the Social Issues section and I don't feel lonely that way. I do keep in touch with faraway friends on Facebook but that is not the same as voice chat. The rest of the time I have plenty to do creating and posting music on Soundcloud.

- Lenore - 04-25-2014 10:33 PM

I have felt alone too, so I can relate. But honestly you can change how you feel by putting yourself in an environment where you won't feel alone. When you feel depressed do something that makes you happy, listen to up beat music. Just do something, because loneliness is one of the worst feelings ever. I know how it feels. So I am also sorry you feel this way.

- Anny - 04-25-2014 10:37 PM

join in whenever u can really