Twitist Forums
'please complete a security check' facebook problem? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: 'please complete a security check' facebook problem? (/thread-14344.html)

'please complete a security check' facebook problem? - Eoin - 10-15-2012 09:03 PM

i just made a facebook today and i logged in but it wont let me on my facebook. instead its a page with 'please complete a security check' etc asking for my cell number or the other option a f ing picture of a 'government issued id' like hell no. this is absolutely insane. i want to contact facebook to fix it but supposedly i cant and i cant use either of the options. its so so stupid. does anyone know how i can fix this? its absolutely ridiculous that they need to be convinced im a real person by having me cell number or a picture of my id. like who gives a rats butt?
abraxus this is my first facebook.

- abraXus - 10-15-2012 09:11 PM

they care enough - they dont want people creating multiple accounts, and that is probably exactly what you are doing

there's no way around it - just stick to your first account and stop creating alts

- PhilipR - 10-15-2012 09:11 PM

FB has finally crossed the line in their attempt to stop anonymity. I can understand not wanting bots as users, but requiring proof of identity is way to big brother for me. As I understand it, there is no alternative. You can give up your private info or not use fb; I choose the latter.

- Caitlyn - 10-15-2012 09:11 PM

If you typed in a age 12 or younger it won't let you in. Also if you clicked on like for example... 2000 it wont let you in.. so click on like 1994.