Twitist Forums
Is Googe+ and Facebook designed in flash? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Is Googe+ and Facebook designed in flash? (/thread-143626.html)

Is Googe+ and Facebook designed in flash? - saleh - 04-27-2014 10:22 PM

I think i have noticed so much flash going on within these websites. The way things are arranged, popup, displayed and presented are sort of flashy. I am not really sure. I know HTML and JavaScript cant really do that. So what is it. For instance Google + The adding of friends at the circle sections and Facebook in the section of viewing pictures, commenting and chatting.

- Muhammad Haris - 04-27-2014 10:31 PM

I don't think it can be done in Flash ...
Actually, facebook is NOT developed in a single language. You can say it's a complex mixture of PHP, AJAX, SQL, JavaScript, CSS, etc. (of course along with DHTML) ... Similar is the case with Google+ ... Though it all seems flashy, yet it is NOT flash ... !
Flash is one an-other thing, but using the combination of CSS3, HTML5 and AJAX, one can build an interactive website.
When you are on a webpage, and the content of that page keeps on changing without even refreshing the page then it means that the website is incorporating AJAX and JavaScript to update content.
For example: Google Instant ... When you type in your search query, suggestions pop up. This is because of the use of AJAX.