Twitist Forums
Can you find out who hacked you on Instagram? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Instagram (/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: General Instagram (/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Can you find out who hacked you on Instagram? (/thread-144223.html)

Can you find out who hacked you on Instagram? - flatboundary077 - 04-27-2014 11:20 PM

I hacked my friend's Insta and changed her bio, profile, and posted a couple pictures. Later that day, I was going to delete everything and change it back to normal, but I noticed her password was changed and they had found out somebody hacked her account. They are trying to find put who did it and getting really serious about it. Her mom works for Apple. Can they find out? I am terrified. I don't want them or their moms to hate me. It was just supposed to be a joke. I am really scared. It was a bad thing to do.

- Arthur Dent - 04-27-2014 11:28 PM

Of course they can find out who hacked her account. I would suspect that Instagram logged the IP address. That will lead back to the ISP. Instagram can contact the ISP and provide evidence of the hacking to find out who is associated with that IP address. Your ISP can take action by terminating your account, as hacking is a violation of their Terms of Service. Instagram could also proceed with charges against you. That's why it would be best for you to come clean and admit what you did.