Twitist Forums
How to stop Google Chrome from automatically starting up? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: How to stop Google Chrome from automatically starting up? (/thread-144980.html)

How to stop Google Chrome from automatically starting up? - bhv89 - 04-28-2014 12:35 AM

Every time I turn on the computer Google Chrome automatically starts up on its own. I don't want this to happen and it just seems weird that it would start doing it on its own all of a sudden.

I've read a lot about adding a url to "startup" on "all programs" for those who want this to happen, but I don't. So I thought it would be easy to just remove it from the "startup" folder, but it's not there.

Can anyone help me stop Chrome from starting up on its own? Thanks.
I have a windows xp if that helps any Smile

- globeweasel - 04-28-2014 12:36 AM

look it's options or tools.

- Barbara K - 04-28-2014 12:37 AM

click start, all progs, google chrome, then uninstall it.

- Husam212.co.cc - 04-28-2014 12:42 AM

click on start then Run and type msconfig then hit enter

go to startup tab and uncheck google chrome (chrome.exe)

- Paul Quay - 04-28-2014 12:43 AM

All of this is 'over the top'. When you put Chrome on, if you don't watch it, it sets itself up as your default browser. None of this stuff will help while that's true. Go to 'default programs' and pick another browser as your default, like IE. Then shut down and reboot. Chrome won't auto-fire anymore, only if you fire it.

It will not behave well on exiting. Problem I had was privacy sweeps. Couldn't even clear data with Chrome running. Tell it to shut down and them immediately back up. Above is solution.

FYI