Twitist Forums
How can I create a website for free with a short domain? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: How can I create a website for free with a short domain? (/thread-145211.html)

How can I create a website for free with a short domain? - One - 04-28-2014 12:57 AM

I'd like to make a gaming website to keep track of my clan's record, we have over 80 members so I'd like to make it something with a short domain (.com/.tk/etc.) I don't want it to be a tinyurl link, I'd like to give out a short and sweet link. Thanks in advance

- Jake - 04-28-2014 01:07 AM

There are lots of free short url services, including Google's, a real domain name is going to cost you about $12 a year, there are a couple of free low quality TLDs that you might find are excluded from the search engines.

The Godaddy.com domain name auction has a filter allowing you to sort very short names being resold.

- Asim Ad - 04-28-2014 01:15 AM

you can make free website on wix.com.

- chester - 04-28-2014 01:16 AM

You should think about what your website is about, that is the topic of the website. Then you can brainstorm small names to register. Sites like Godaddy will allow you to register for a small fee. It is just a matter of seeing what names are available for registration.