Twitist Forums
How Can I Fix My Internet Connection? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: How Can I Fix My Internet Connection? (/thread-145489.html)

How Can I Fix My Internet Connection? - Jordan - 04-28-2014 01:25 AM

It uses a wireless router, but it seems like the problem is within the computer itself. The WLAN is on, but the internet connection shows an X. The troubleshooting report says:

"Issues found: Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy setting."

Under "Network and Sharing" the system doesn't show the typical PC-Network-Internet chain that usually appears. Instead it says "Unknown."

Can anyone help me?
Chan, thank you. I found something called "C:\Windows\system32\CMD.exe" and it looks like a text document in black. It reads:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

C:\Users\Jordan

Is that what you're talking about?

- Chan - 04-28-2014 01:29 AM

Hi, for the first step, you need to reset your adapter by going to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings . Select the adapter you're currently using to connect to the internet, then right click the adapter and " Disable " , then " Enable " it back.

If first step didn't work, open up CMD by pressing " Windows Logo " + R, then enter this code " netsh winsock reset " and then " netsh int ipv4 reset "

Hope everything will be okay.

- Fred - 04-28-2014 01:36 AM

Check your Internet options in control panel. In the connections setting turn OFF all proxy settings.

- Carling - 04-28-2014 01:45 AM

(1) switch off the computer
(2) Manually reset the modem/wireless router there's a pin hole at the back stick a pin in it for 10/20 seconds
(3) power off the modem, power on modem
(4) power on computer,
(5) on power up computer should find the wireless connection.