Twitist Forums
If I update a page using strike throughs on the old content will that hurt my indexing and SEO with Google? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: If I update a page using strike throughs on the old content will that hurt my indexing and SEO with Google? (/thread-146279.html)

If I update a page using strike throughs on the old content will that hurt my indexing and SEO with Google? - gruntfoce - 04-28-2014 02:43 AM

- Michael - 04-28-2014 02:44 AM

Hi.

First off, is the strike-through text necessary ? Is it important for visitors to see the content that is no longer valid ?

I doubt Google would penalize you for a style preference, unless it's determined the text is unreadable or serves to attempt to manipulate search results ( Black hat seo ).

Why not create a separate page, with the older content, place a link to it on your new content pages so that you could describe what the old content means to visitors ? That way, you could maintain your content in a readable way that will altogether eliminate the worry Google has penalized you, while at the same time enhancing your SEO prospects.