Twitist Forums
How long should a girl wait for a prom date? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: How long should a girl wait for a prom date? (/thread-146500.html)

How long should a girl wait for a prom date? - Lana - 04-28-2014 03:05 AM

So, prom is in around two months. Already have the perfect dress. No date, single. I'm considering asking a guy, getting my friends to help, or maybe even just advertising on Facebook that I still want a prom date (hopefully without looking desperate..). So, my question is, how long should I wait for a guy to come to me? When should I lose hope and take action on finding a good date? I want to give guys a chance, before I start challenging their masculinity and whatnot..

- Pippa♥ - 04-28-2014 03:07 AM

I'd ask the guy you have your eye on now. If he says no, then ask for friends help. I'd go to Facebook as a last resort, you don't want to seem desperate.

Answer mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120313185836AAvQqKd

- mis meow - 04-28-2014 03:15 AM

What I did was on facebook I said, " does anyone else need a prom date because I want someone to go with." By the end of the day I had a dateSmile If it's not your style then just ask a guy, but as if it wasn't a big deal. Like " Hey I'm thinking about going to prom, maybe you and I could go together."

- Lily - 04-28-2014 03:16 AM

Just ask someone. I would wait another two weeks or at least until people start getting hyped up about Prom. Don't overly advertise on Facebook.

- Domonique - 04-28-2014 03:22 AM

prom is still far away, but u can't always depend on other ppl's actions.
so go for it, theres nothing wrong with being a go-getter.
make it the prom night u want it to be.
times aren't like they used to be anyway, where guys made the first move, so they're probably waiting on u to ask ;P
i never thought it was that complicated, just do what u have to do to make it the night u want